Here is a recap of what went on at UTP in the month of July.
- David Wright, author of Sickkids: The History of the Hospital for Sick Children, did a MomenTO talk on July 11th.
- Congratulations to George O. Liber whose book Total Wars and the Making of Modern Ukraine, 1914-1954 was given an “Outstanding” Rating by the American Association of School Librarians.
In the Media:
- Allan D. Peterkin’s Staying Human during Residency Training: How to Survive and Thrive after Medical School, Sixth Edition was reviewed in an issue of Hamilton Arts & Letters.
- Five University of Toronto Press titles were listed on Canada’s History 2017 Summer Reading Guide.
- The Sunday New York Times reviewed Gentrifier by John Joe Schlichtman, Jason Patch and Marc Lamont Hill.
- John Borrows, co-editor of The Right Relationship: Reimagining the Implementation of Historical Treaties, was featured on Indian & Cowboy’s “Five Questions With”.
- Making a Global City: How One Toronto School Embraced Diversity by Robert Vipond landed on The Conversation’s “Five amazing books to read this summer” list.
- Mayhill C. Fowler, author of Beau Monde on Empire’s Edge: State and Stage in Soviet Ukraine, was on Radio Kultura and Hromadske Radio.
- Rick Nason’s It’s Not Complicated: The Art and Science of Complexity for Business Success was featured on Inc.
- Those Who from Afar Look Like Flies: An Anthology of Italian Poetry from Pasolini to the Present, Tome 1, 1956-1975 edited by Luigi Ballerini and Beppe Cavatorta
- The Correspondence of Erasmus: Letters 2082 to 2203 edited by James M. Estes (New in Paperback)
- What’s in a Name?: Talking about Urban Peripheries edited by Richard Harris and Charlotte Vorms
- Leadership is Half the Story: A Fresh look at Followership, Leadership, and Collaboration by Marc Hurwitz and Samantha Hurwitz (New in Paperback)
- The Blueprint: Conservative Parties and their Impact on Canadian Politics edited by J.P. Lewis and Joanna Everitt
- Writing Conscience and the Nation in Revolutionary England by Giuseppina Iacono Lobo
- The Last Mile: Creating Social and Economic Value from Behavioral Insights by Dilip Soman (New in Paperback)
- If I Lose Mine Honor, I Lose Myself: Honour Among the Early Modern English Elite by Courtney Erin Thomas