Here's a recap of what happened at the press in December.
- Dictionary of Cape Breton English by William J. Davey and Richard MacKinnon and Drawn to See: Drawing as an Ethnographic Method by Andrew Causey were adjudged Choice Outstanding Academic Titles, 2017.
- Brock Millman’s Polarity, Patriotism and Dissent in Great War Canada, 1914-1919 was adjudged the winner of the 2016 C.P. Stacey Prize.
- Len Husband was at the annual conference of Association for Jewish Studies in Washington from December 17-19, 2017.
- An Exceptional Law, Canada's Odyssey, Fiscal Federalism and Equalization Policy in Canada, and Seeking Equality, and The Politics of Ontario were mentioned in the Hill Times top-100 books for 2017. Overall 13 UTP books landed on the Hill Times’ List this year.
- The Philadelphia Tribune ran a feature profile of Marc Lamont Hill, and how the coffee shop/bookstore he just opened in Philadelphia reflects the ideas about community growth that John Joe Schlichtman and Jason Patch explore in their book Gentrifier. The website Shoppe Black also ran a profile of Hill and his new venture.
- Citylab's Brentin Mock included Gentrifier in the list of ‘books that influenced us in 2017.’
- Sacred Matters interviewed Little Mosque on the Prairie author Kyle Conway.
- A Short History of the Ancient World by Nicholas K. Rauh with Heidi E. Kraus
- A Civil Society?: Collective Actors in Canadian Political Life, Second Edition by Miriam Smith
- Ukraine and Europe: Cultural Encounters and Negotiations Edited by Giovanna Brogi Bercoff, Marko Pavlyshyn, and Serhii Plokhy
- Marine Fishes of Arctic Canada Edited by Brian W. Coad and James D. Reist
- Treating Health Care: How the Canadian System Works and How It Could Work Better by Raisa B. Deber.
- Marking Time: Romanticism and Evolution Edited by Joel Faflak
- The Prison of Love: Romance, Translation, and the Book in the Sixteenth Century by Emily C. Francomano
- Recalling Recitation in the Americas: Borderless Curriculum, Performance Poetry, and Reading by Janet Neigh
- The Imperial Russian Project: Autocratic Politics, Economic Development, and Social Fragmentation by Alfred J. Rieber
- Growing a Sustainable City?: The Question of Urban Agriculture by Christina D. Rosan and Hamil Pearsall
- Measured Words: Computation and Writing in Renaissance Italy by Arielle Saiber
- Ms. Prime Minister: Gender, Media, and Leadership by Linda Trimble