Here's what we were up to in January.
- Acquisitions editor Mark Thompson and Suzanne Rancourt attended the annual Modern Language Association convention in New York from January 4-7, 2018.
- Len Husband and Natalie Fingerhut was at the annual meeting of American Historical Association in Washington from January 4-7, 2018.
- We were a part of the Ontario Book Publisher pavilion at the Ontario Library Association's super conference from January 31-February 2, 2018.
- BC Bookworld published a feature-length review of Residential Schools and Reconciliation: Canada Confronts its History by J.R. Miller.
- In the new February-March issue of Canada’s History Magazine, Bob Rae reviews Canada's Odyssey: A Country Based on Incomplete Conquests, by Peter H. Russell.
- Maureen Lux's Separate Beds: A History of Indian Hospitals in Canada, 1920s-1980s featured prominently in a series of CBC Radio documentaries about Canada’s checkered history of segregated hospitals for Indigenous people.
- Medieval England, 500-1500: A Reader, Second Edition edited by Emilie Amt and Katherine Allen Smith
- New History of Iberian Feminisms edited by Silvia Bermúdez and Roberta Johnson
- Northern Star: J.S. Plaskett by R. Peter Broughton
- Getting Past the Pimp: Management in the Sex Industry edited by Chris Bruckert and Colette Parent
- Nidrstigningar Saga: Sources, Transmission, and Theology of the Old Norse “Descent into Hell” by Dario Bullitta
- Indigenous Tourism Movements by edited by Alexis C. Bunten and Nelson Graburn
- Hegel and Canada: Unity of Opposites? By Susan Dodd and Neil G. Robertson
- Pirates, Traitors, and Apostates: Renegade Identities in Early Modern English Writing By Laurie Ellinghausen
- Uneasy Partnership: The Politics of Business and Government in Canada, Second Edition by Geoffrey Hale
- Beyond Sight: Engaging the Senses in Iberian Literatures and Cultures, 1200–1750 edited by Ryan D. Giles and Steven Wagschal
- Toward a Better World: Memoirs of a Life in International and Development Economics by Gerry Helleiner
- Green Japan: Environmental Technologies, Innovation Policy, and the Pursuit of Green Growth by Carin Holroyd
- Medieval Romance: The Aesthetics of Possibility by James F. Knapp and Peggy A. Knapp
- University Commons Divided: Exploring Debate and Dissent on Campus by Peter Mackinnon
- Love and Compassion: Exploring their Role in Education by John P. Miller
- Middleton & Rowley: Forms of Collaboration in the Jacobean Playhouse by David Nicol
- Costly Fix: Power, Politics, and Nature in the Tar Sands by Ian Urquhart
- Dirty Hands and Vicious Deeds: The U.S. Government’s Complicity in Crimes against Humanity and Genocide edited by Samuel Totten
- A Reference Grammar of the Onondaga Language by Hanni Woodbury