UTP is Canada’s leading scholarly publisher and one of the largest university presses in North America. We publish award-winning scholarship and groundbreaking research in the form of monographs, edited collections, and other scholarly works.
Proposals for scholarly books should include the following:
- A working title
- An overview of the book
- What is it about? What is its central argument?
- Why have you written this book?
- How does your book compare to others in this field?
- How will it be different?
- If the manuscript is based on a dissertation, please tell us when it was defended and the revisions you have made or propose to make.
- Information about intended audience(s)
- If the book is intended for course adoption, please list relevant course titles/departments. If you have information about where such courses are taught, or an idea of enrollment, please include here.
- Is your book for specialists in your field? In a particular area of a larger field?
- Is there a broader general audience?
- Manuscript information
- Anticipated length including word count.
- Total number of illustrations, figures, and tables (if applicable).
- Anticipated completion date.
- For edited collections or multi-authored works, please include a description of how the book will be thematically integrated and how the chapters will be linked.
- Table of contents with a brief synopsis of each chapter
- Curriculum vitae for each author
- Sample chapter (if available)
Please do not submit a manuscript unless you have been requested to do so by an acquisitions editor, and please ensure you keep all originals.