New Jewish Press
- About New Jewish Press
- Submission Guidelines
- Support New Jewish Press
About New Jewish Press
New Jewish Press is an imprint of University of Toronto Press, in partnership with the Anne Tanenbaum Centre for Jewish Studies, that includes outstanding books on Jewish culture, history, philosophy, literature, and religion. Books published under the New Jewish Press imprint will contribute to the Canadian and international Jewish cultural landscape by connecting with a broad and intellectually engaged readership.
New Jewish Press does not consider works of fiction or poetry.
Please submit your proposal to email@example.com and include:
1. A title and subtitle
2. A brief synopsis of the book that provides an overview including a sense of its narrative arc
3. An annotated outline of the chapters that includes:
- Table of contents
- Brief chapter outlines
- Approximate word count
- Number and type of illustrations planned
- Sample chapter
4. A description of what makes your book unique
5. Examples of comparable titles and how your book is situated within this space
6. A description of the target market/audience
- Please define your audience (i.e. what is the identifiable market/who will buy it)?
- Why will it sell?
7. An author biography or CV, highlighting any previous writing, publishing, or media work
8. An outline of how you will be able to help in reaching your book's audience. Previous media appearances, active blogs, author websites, prominent reviews of previous books, a strong presence on social media are indicators of your ability to help promote your book. Please include links to your website, blog, social media sites (such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Goodreads, Amazon Author Page).
9. Manuscript status (i.e. proposal stage, partially written, manuscript complete)
Thank you for considering us as your publisher. Due to the number of submissions we receive, it may take up to three months to receive a reply. Please be patient as we consider your proposal.
Support New Jewish Press
New Jewish Press is underwritten by tax receiptable donations to the Anne Tanenbaum Centre for Jewish Studies at the University of Toronto that are earmarked for this publishing program. We welcome the support of donors who wish to contribute to our endeavour to bring the academy and the community together in a unique publishing venture.
To make a donation, please follow the link below to the University of Toronto's donation page for the Anne Tanenbaum Centre for Jewish Studies and choose the option:
New Jewish Press Fund
We would like to gratefully acknowledge support for the New Jewish Press from the following donors:
Peter and Eleanor Daniels Charitable Foundation
Friedberg Charitable Foundation
The Ira Gluskin and Maxine Granovsky-Gluskin Fund
The B.A. Himel Family Foundation
Henry and Julia Koschitzky
Samuel J. & Jean Sable Family Endowment Fund
The Sharp Foundation
Jack Weinbaum Family Foundation
Yaffe Feld Foundation
We thank you for your support.